Today, a developing number of large, prominent companies are focusing on remote cooperation with specialists. The IT industry is at the forefront of this shift. Although, currently, full-fledged remote work isn’t yet the dominant global trend, already a number of companies have transitioned their business models.
A remote team brings the following benefits to the table:
- Expanded Hiring Field. You can hire employees from distant regions if your local labor market isn’t cutting it.
- More Efficient. Many HR specialists note that, over the long run, remote workers tend to be more efficient. After all, the employees can arrange their workspaces in ways that suit them individually, distractions are minimized, and vacations or sick leaves are less frequent.
- Remote Work Improves the Work/Life Balance, Boosting Team Loyalty. Indeed, one small example – on average, people spend 40 minutes alone commuting to work – and then another 40 minutes returning home. Employees tend to like skipping out on the traffic jams.
- Corporate Savings. You can reduce what you spend on renting office space, investing in the workspace’s organization, hardware purchases, etc.
- Better Assessments of Efficiency. In terms of remote performance, it is carried out directly by KPI, and not by the number of hours worked. In this case, employees are more motivated and don’t spend their working time on personal matters.
- Force Majeure Incidents Don’t Impact Team Performance. An office may experience the shutdown of electricity or the Internet. People may not be able to get to work because of a strong snowstorm. With remote employees, even if someone has a similar situation, the workflow never stops.
- Around the Clock Work Without Harm to Employees. Often, IT companies need to work with customers who may be based anywhere on the globe. If all of the company’s employees live in one place, then they have to periodically work a night shift. However, If they live in different time zones, then organizing a continuous workflow isn’t so challenging.
Organization of Remote Team Communication
Communication is the foundation of the remote team’s success. It is very important that employees are constantly available and can exchange working information with each other in real-time.
To establish a full-fledged remote workflow, various cloud servers are most often used. Their main advantage is that they don’t have a binding to a specific machine, and you can log into your account from any device. For optimal remote work from the team of programmers, three types of software are necessary:
- Messengers that provide capabilities for both personal communication between employees and the ability to create work chats and carry out group calls.
- Project management systems with which you can coordinate employees in a centralized manner.
- Data storages that allow each team member to conveniently access all work documentation.
Using these handy tools, the team will be coordinated no worse than when working in the office.
Nowadays, remote work is gaining popularity with good reason. Given the general trends of the IT industry towards globalization and international cooperation, remote solutions are a more and more logical choice. Remote work is becoming an option that’s beneficial for both the employees and employers. And the time spent on creating a remote team will pay off pretty quickly.
Do you still have doubts, questions or concerns? Just drop us a line and we’ll help you figure everything out!