Today, Industry 4.0 is at the historic point of Operational and Information Technology (IT/OT) convergence. Everyone is talking about Smart Industries and IoT, where manufacturing processes and facilities become connected to the internet. The industries of tomorrow aren’t controlled by automated devices and gadgets, but by smart software systems.
Termed Industry 4.0, IoT has created a revolution in the areas of Big Data, Cloud Computing, Mobile App development, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and many others.
Smart Connected Assets force businesses to automate operations, make intelligent predictions, and receive real-time data with the creation of a smart network that includes integrated software and embedded sensors.
The impact of IoT and Information Technology in general is huge and still underestimated. According to Gartner research in 2016, the number of organizations from North America, Latin America, EMEA and the Asia/Pacific region implementing IoT solutions is 64 %, and this number will grow further over the next few years.
In a BI Intelligence survey, we can see estimates that by 2020 there will be more than 24 billion smart IoT devices installed in the world —more than 3 devices per person.
For real business value creation in a connected & smart world, let’s focus on the specific IoT use cases that can create business opportunities and guarantee a high return on investments:
- processes transformation of business;
- operational effectiveness improvements;
- strategic differentiation.
The main IoT use cases cover all business functions and enable a company to develop and grow. Let’s consider most popular of them:
- Product development includes personalization of product, connected product quality and usage analysis, usage and performance dashboards;
- Manufacturing is mostly performed by real-time asset tracking and the intelligence of connected operations;
- Operational and Information technology includes flexible connectivity of all assets and products, security management, identity tracking and management, building IoT apps and IoT data integration;
- Marketing and sales are performed mainly by client-flexible billing, self-service and insights, automated and remote support, diagnostics and monitoring.
Our software development company with an R&D office and expertise in embedded software development will help your IoT project fit market trends and customers’ expectations. If you are ready to hire a dedicated team of offshore engineers, drop us a line to receive a consultation and discuss your project requirements.